Flaex: For the love of linen



Ah, linen.
Scrunch, don't iron, breathe and relax. 

I recently stumbled across local label Flaex, handmade by one wonderful woman in northern New South Wales, Australia.

Sally is a primary school teacher who needed a break. She confessed she's "really not a sewer", but she's certainly fooled me!

Linen goodies all handmade by Sally, owner of Flaex.

Sally's pieces are all designed, cut, sewn and photographed in her home studio in Inverell, New South Wales, using flax linen and silk. 

I was lucky enough to check out her wares - including some handmade leather bags and shoes - when Flaex hosted a pop-up at one of my fave local cafes, Oliver James.

I'm sure I've said this before, but linen is one of those fabrics worth investing in. I'm already living in my Marilyn wrap dress as we face the Southern Hemisphere summer. 💃

You can order pieces via the Flaex Instagram, or keep an eye out for the next pop-up.


My Marilyn wrap dress for, literally, any occasion.

Leather shoes, part of the Flaex range.

Flaex linen garments hanging on the line in Sally's Inverell garden. Image via Flaex

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts