A sustainable fabric journey - and bamboo beauty sleep!

Naturally silky soft bamboo lyocell duvet cover set by Ettitude.

I've said it once, I'll say it again: once you go bamboo you won't want to go back. Especially when it comes to a good night's sleep.


I'm on a journey to gradually phase out the scratchy, non-durable and unsustainable fabrics from my life. It's slow going, as I'm not the sort of person to throw things "away" for the sake of getting something new.

NICO underwear made with sustainable fabric, Modal
I have to tell you I'm a bit addicted to bamboo and the lyocell/ modal/ tencel family, which are not only a more sustainable, eco-friendly choice (quick-growing, less water, closed-loop production), but you actually can't get softer!

I've started with things like underwear and crops, basic tees and tanks, face washers and socks by the likes of NICO, Bodypeace and Boody.

So when I had the chance to upgrade my bedding to the organic bamboo lyocell from sleep brand Ettitude, I got rather excited. What better time than the Easter long weekend to lounge around on my newly-silky-never-again-scratchy bed?

I had to resist the urge to fall into the pillowy heap as I pulled the cover over my quilt. And my first night's sleep definitely didn't disappoint.

My new bamboo lyocell (sustainable!) duvet set by Ettitude

The bamboo lyocell fabric is equivalent to 1000 thread count in cotton, only silkier. Bamboo sheets are also naturally breathable and moisture-wicking (great for summer and if you share a bed) and hypoallergenic, which is awesome for the hay-fever inclined (like me!).

Put all this together and your skin and hair will likely love you for it. My thick hair was easily tangle-free when I forced myself out of bed this morning for Easter breakfast.

The moral of the story? When you're next due for new bedding (or underwear, or socks!), consider something more sustainable, like bamboo.

Tangle-free hair on my silky soft bamboo lyocell duvet set by Ettitude

Not only is it better environmentally, it's just a whole lot nicer to sleep with and wear.

I'd love to hear if you're also incorporating more sustainable fabrics in your life - what have you tried?

-  Ash

Comments

Popular Posts